Oferta: Database Developer
METRO SERVICES belongs to Global Business Services (GBS) organizations. This type of organization provides centralized, specialist services of selected operational processes. From our headquarters in Szczecin, we conduct financial and accounting processes for METRO entities, i.e. METRO/Makro Cash & Carry stores mostly located in Europe.
As an organization, we provide our employees with many development opportunities, and as part of the METRO group, we are a stable employer in unstable times. This is reflected by facts such as us proudly holding the title of ’ACCA Approved Employer’ as the first organization from Szczecin and receiving the title of Business Gazelles from the ’Puls Biznesu’ and with that, our company has joined the club of the most dynamically developing businesses.
If you value freedom at work, and a suit and heels are not your outfit, METRO SERVICES is the perfect place for you. With us you will use foreign languages, meet people from all over the world and choose your own direction of development!
We employ over 350 accounting enthusiasts and professionals in our industry, we speak 20 languages, serve 25 countries and are constantly developing, which is why we have recently opened a second office in the center of Szczecin.
Become a part of Stock MATRIX - the World of database, codes and digits!
Your main area of responsibility in this position will include:
- analysis of Stock Valuation Allowance calculation process based on the received data in the form of locally used SQL code / access to the local tool / received excel reports / documentation
- close cooperation with client in terms of data verification and analyses
- creating database procedures: writing code based on SQL / testing / debugging
- creating database macros for reports
- creating operational documentation including modification of the documentation after the implementation of changes
- active support of the SVA calculation process during monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- creating presentations necessary to present the results
- creation of standard and ad hoc operational reports
- preparation of documentation/reports for the needs of internal and external audit
- University degree (preferably Economics, Finance & Accounting, Mathematic/Statistic, IT, Business analyst),
- At least 2 year of experience in Stock accounting or Controlling Department or Warehouse Management,
- Advanced knowledge of English,
- Good computer skills: MS Office (mainly Excel), SQL, optionally VBA,
- Analytical thinking & work organization skills,
- Easy drawing conclusions based on analyses skills,
- Patience and persistence in seeking solutions,
- Being passionate about numbers, digits, databases, programming languages & codes
- stable employment in an international corporation, which is constantly growing
- chance to expand knowledge and experience in various areas of accounting
- an extensive package of professional training (in accounting, software - SAP, soft skills and language learning)
- private medical care and group insurance, also for family members
- cash benefits as part of the Social Benefits Fund, i.e. Christmas allowance
- a monthly salary supplement for knowing an additional language
- co-financed sports card
- team and company integrations after hours
- a relocation package for people ready to move to Szczecin.