Oferta: Automation Engineer
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
Amazon is looking to hire an experienced Automation Engineer to join the team at our Fulfillment Center (FC) in Kolbaskowo.
The Automation Engineer will ensure that Safety comes first in all Facilities efforts. This position will be responsible for troubleshooting, design/implement/document control solutions for material handling systems, act as a liaison for internal and external resources, and be on call as needed. This position will also provide proper training to the Facility Technicians on device troubleshooting and Preventive Maintenance.
This position requires strong project management skills, effective communication skills, being self-directed, and the ability to multi-task and deliver results in a dynamic environment.
The following roles and responsibilities are required for a successful Automation Engineer:
- Prepare specifications and technical detail to fully define performance on equipment, material and services
- Perform PLC control level issue diagnosis
- Follow change management process and develop ad-hoc PLC ladder code change
- Familiarization with Siemens and/or Allen Bradley PLC processers and input/output modules.
- Provide detailed analysis and testing of existing and new engineering solutions and components
- Work with IT, FC Software and Operations Engineering to develop and update controls knowledge and training document for the Facilities Engineering team.
- Be responsible for incident follow-up, root cause analysis and documentation.
- Undertake industrial engineering design on existing material handling modules within European network
- Provide technical documentation such as flow diagrams, conveyor and equipment layouts, installation details, schedules and budgets.
- Support commissioning of new automation elements
- Actively participate in local or EU network level control projects and Initiatives
- Provide value engineering/ value analysis
- Ensures adherence to all Health & Safety procedures. Be proactive in the raising of potential H&S issues and the development of personal safety awareness
- Use AutoCAD to review, develop and maintain electrical schematic and conveyor layout drawings
- Fully understand and ensure procedural adherence to industry operating standards such as QS 9000, ISO 9001
- Actively participate in the Control System SharePoint site development
- Document control system and equipment configuration changes and keep the documentation updated on the SharePoint site.
- 2+ years of control system working experience in PLC based controls design, development, implementation and support
- Experience in Siemens and/or Allen Bradley (A&B) PLC control level issue diagnosis
- AutoCAD work experience on control layout design and schematic
- Experience in dealing with material handling, flow and capacity
- Strong analytical skills
- A team player who is willing to roll up the sleeves
- Open and proactive communication in a multilingual environment
- Ability to operate in open organization structure
- Self-motivated and customer-centric
- Knowledge of Six Sigma analytical and process improvement techniques
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Fluency in Polish and English, both verbally and written communication, including report writing skills.
- A 2 year+ professional electrical or mechanical training degree or BS degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.
- Advanced industrial engineering, project management and implementation experience
We are looking forward to receiving your application, preferably in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.