Oferta: Automation Developer
METRO Global Solution Center belongs to Global Business Services (GBS) organizations. This type of organization provides centralized, specialist services of selected operational processes. From our headquarters in Szczecin, we conduct financial and accounting processes for METRO entities, i.e. METRO/Makro Cash & Carry stores mostly located in Europe.
At METRO Global Solution Center, we handle financial and accounting processes for Makro stores, among others in the fields of General Accounting, Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivables, Reporting and Transfer Pricing.
As an organization we support our employees development and we create stable and safe work environment - we are the first ACCA Approved Employer in Szczecin, Puls Biznesu journal honored us with Gazela Biznesu title, indicating us as one of the most dynamically developing companies. We are also part of Association of Business Service Leaders (ABSL), what allows us to share knowledge and good practices with the best professionals.
We employ over 350 accounting enthusiasts and professionals in our industry, we speak 20 languages, serve 25 countries and are constantly developing, which is why we recently opened a second office in the center of Szczecin.
Join us and work with the best!
We are currently looking for candidate to our Automation Team for a position:
What the Automation Team is?
Work hard, play hard! Process Automation Team is working on automation potential identification and solution delivery, using techniques ranging from RPA with Softomotive, an RPA tool by a startup founded in 2005 and recently acquired by Microsoft, through web-based applications in .Net Core, to SQL databases and VBA. They are creatively applying best practices from Agile methodology in SSC environment and looking forward to keep expanding into new technologies, as working in Process Automation means being part of a very dynamic and evolving reality, with many brilliant new opportunities in the future.
What you will do:
- Design, develop and maintain solutions for automation of processes for both internal and external clients in multiple technologies.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for developed solutions.
- Share knowledge and best practices with team members.
- Participate in every step of software development process e.g. code reviews.
- Pay attention to details while following development best practices.
Tools you will be using:
- MSSQL, PostgreSQL,
- Excel, Access,
- RPA solutions from Softmotive/UiPath,
- JIRA, Confluence,
- Visual Studio Code.
Things you need to know in practice:
- Object Oriented Programing paradigm - must have.
- Basic design patterns and how to benefit from them.
- SQL base syntax (selects, joins, conditions etc.).
- Web API concepts like REST.
- How modern Web Apps works.
- English on B2/C1 level - as we use it on everyday basis.
Things you need to have:
- Analytical skills.
- Willingness to develop practical skills in programming.
- Team cooperation skills and playing to one goal.
- Sense of humor level expert.
- Work in a professional, friendly team in a stable, international corporation,
- Attractive remuneration enriched with a bonus system,
- Real development opportunities in the area of RPA / automation,
- High home-office ratio (90% of working time)
- Extensive package of professional trainings (technical, soft skills and foreign languages),
- Private medical care and group insurance for the employee and family members,
- Cash benefits under the Social Fund (e.g. cultural and recreational activities, holiday benefits),
- Team and company integration after hours,
- Co-financed sports card,
- Relocation package for candidates ready to move to Szczecin.